Senior Advice to Entering Freshman
During recent interviews of graduating EE and CPE students, Seniors wanted Freshmen to know the following.
- Manage your time and be prepared for long hours of studying. Do your homework.
- Take your foundation courses seriously - you will use them. Do not underestimate your basic classes in Physics and Calculus. If you struggle with the foundation courses, especially Physics and Calculus, you will have a hard time.
- Spread out your electives through the years, you will need a break when you get into upper level courses. This is very hard for transfer students because most have used up their elective classes before reaching MSU.
- When tools are taught such as PSPICE and Matlab, learn them since you will be expected to use them.
- Develop good word processing skills.
- For some students, 14 or 15 hours should be the class load. Maybe spread the program out to add either one more semester or one more year.