What is Electrical & Computer Engineering?
- Definition: The branch of engineering concerned with the
design development, and practical application of electrical
devices and systems, and with the use of electrical energy.
- The largest of all engineering disciplines
- The most diverse in the variety of field specializations
- Definition: The branch of engineering combining custom hardware
and software solutions to the design, development, and operation
of computer systems.
- One of the fastest growing engineering disciplines
- Outgrowth of electrical engineering
- Closely related to the work of a Computer Scientist, however,
a CPE has strong hardware and software skills