Program of Study
Students studying VLSI design or computer engineering recommended to follow this program of study leading to a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or a Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering under the "Thesis Option".
(1) Students taking ECE 6743 Digital Systems Design during their first semester at MSU should take ECE 6263 Principles of VLSI Design during their second semester. Likewise, students taking ECE 6263 Principles of VLSI Design during their first semester at MSU should take ECE 6743 Digital Systems Design during their second semester.
(2) Choose a 6xxx or 8xxx course from list of approved MA or CS courses. The chosen area is called the "minor". (Students can request the minor be another study area in ECE.)
(3) Students may substitute another ECE 8xxx class on computer architecture or analog IC circuit design.
(4) While technically not required, the student should desire academic credit for the research performed during the summer terms
(5) Choose an 8xxx "Minor" course from the list of approved MA or CS courses. If an appropriate course is not available, one should be taken during the next semester
(6) If needed.